New developments of the version 5.2
Advection scheme WENO5
This is the default value of CUVW_ADV_SCHEME. It is associated to the new temporal scheme RK53 (also default value of CTEMP_SCHEME) (it should be noted that the new temporal scheme 'RK53' is also recommended for WENO3 - NWENO_ORDER=3)
&NAM_ADVn CUVW_ADV_SCHEME="WENO_K", NWENO_ORDER=5, CTEMP_SCHEME='RK53' /
Due to WENO5, a new option has been introduced:
- JPHEXT: the horizontal extension added to the physical domain, JPHEXT, can be equal to 1 (as previously) or 3. 1 is the default value. 3 is only necessary for CYCLIC lateral boundary conditions with WENO5.
Remark 1: JPHEXT=3 has to be used from the PGD step to the DIAG one.
Remark 2: the output files with JPHEXT=3 are bigger. For the graphical treatment, JPHEXT must be taken into account in order to plot only the physical domain.
- NHALO: halo size between the sub-physical domains for the parallel memory distribution. 1 is the default value. 3 is absolutely necessary only for the run with WENO5 in multiprocessing.
These parameters are in the namelists:
PRE_IDEA1.nam: &NAM_CONF_PRE NHALO=1 JPHEXT=1 /
PRE_REAL1.nam: &NAM_REAL_CONF NHALO=1 JPHEXT=1 /
PRE_PGD1.nam: &NAM_CONF_PGD NHALO_MNH=1 JPHEXT=1 /
PRE_NEST_PGD1.nam: & NAM_CONF_NEST NHALO_MNH=1 JPHEXT=1 /
EXSEG1.nam: &NAM_CONF NHALO=1 JPHEXT=1 /
DIAG1.nam: &NAM_CONF_DIAG NHALO=1 JPHEXT=1 /
Input/output in NetCDF
You can use all the I/O in NetCDF. The file names will be the same with the extension .nc4
- By default in the configure file the key of compilation export MNH_IOCDF4=1 is activated.
- A new namelist has been created in all the steps of MESONH:
&NAM_CONFIO LCDF4=T reading/writing in nc4 format LLFIOUT=T if TRUE, LFI files are added LLFIREAD=F if TRUE, LFI file is read; if FALSE, nc4 file is read /
Changes for the definition of profiles/budgets/series
The following parameters consider now the physical domain only (they do not take into account JPHEXT).
- Prep_ideal_case: NIZS NJZS NILOC NJLOC
- Budgets: NBUIL NBUIHNBUJL NBUJH NBUKL NBUKH
- Series: NIBOXL NIBOXH NKCLS NKCLA NKLOW NKMID NKUP NJSLICEL NJSLICEH
Parallelization of PREP/SPAWNING
All the steps of MESONH are now parallelized.
- Improvement of the polarimetric radar: see user's guide
- New parameter LMOIST_ES=T: THETAES (saturated equivalent potential temperature) and POVOES (saturated equivalent potential vorticity)
- New microphysical fields for aircraft
- Chemistry Corrections
- Electricity scheme corrections
- New version of grib_api: 1.13.1
- Correction of bug of surface aerosols: only in the case Ecoclimap 2 with CAER='SURF'
- Radiative properties of explicit aerosols: correction of bug in the case CAER='EXPL'